Ever since I was a boy, I never had much interaction with girls. The Element of shyness always popped out. As I grew, the fear of teasing by friends added up. But there was (? Is ) always a Hope, ‘Ummeed par hi to duniya kayam hai!’ As I moved to the next level, The junior college, “The Cut off factor” dominated the life and I was disconnected from the Real world. And I was officially declared as a Nerd by girls during Engineering! L Poor me. Slavishly devoted (?) to the world of equations, formulae and problems. But trust me, I still believe, solving a Thermodynamics problem is far easier than talking with a Girl. I must admit What I exactly mean by a “Girl” friend. Simply a Girl as a friend. No other thought intended, point to be noted fellas.
So the phobia and the tag of being a Nerd always kept me away from girls. And the funniest part is I am a Mechanical Engineer, a class with hardly 10 girls. So, this had reduced the probability to a much higher extent. Let me give some glimpse of the outside world which had assumed me a Nerd before I entered the world of Engineering. I guess the high diopter lenses helped the cause. Frankly speaking, I never considered myself a Nerd. I gave ample time for my hobbies, friends and other activities. If I would have been the one, I would have scored a 94 in matriculation, a 90 in junior college and 9 point something in Engineering. Neither of the above mentioned things happened with me. Although I must admit that I love academic studies.
So, here I appeal all the girls, I am not a calculator. Being of your species, I have a heart. I too have an emotional side. I have spent a good amount of time thinking beyond the laws of physics, the calculus, the mechanics and much more nerdy stuff. I too like flowers, I too love music, I can cook as well though I am not an expert and I can whistle too. I can be subjective as well, Ask me about my hostel days. Of course, I am biased towards my kind of talks, which may sound geeky at times, just ask me, “How do you find nature?” I can express it with a flavor of rhyme.
I do not intend to prove anything through this piece of literature, but I think I should remove the dust over my image. I have a spark that propels me to express myself defeating the phobia I have been influenced by!
Listen to this enchanting story of my life,
The fun and the Spark in the survival strife!
From deep down the trench, as high as sky,
My wings of freedom do help me fly!
Connecting the dots, I make a Fantastic Polygon,
Rainbow must be jealous to see my colours full on!
Spreading the love around, I am a Vector,
And a tiny Honeybee rejoicing the sweet nectar!
Girls, this article might have brought a concave curve on your face, right? A giggle is a victory clinched indeed. So, are you on board with me?
- Sudhanshu
No comments:
Post a Comment