4 months back,I had landed in hyderabad, the reason being preparation for GATE. Now my classes are going to end tomorrow and I'm making it to home on 20th Oct. Here I'm attempting to recollect some of my memories of this awesome city!
It was 16th June, '11, morning 6:11, when I reached here from Mumbai by Hyderabad Exp. after a prolonged journey for 17 hours. I had to wait at the Hyd'bad Deccan station for 4 more hours as my mates were reaching by 10 am (What the hell!!). Finally, we all met at ACE ACADEMY(The GATE coaching Institute) at 12 noon and the Real journey begun!
Before coming here, everyone of us had already decided the spots for site seeing! (:P) rather than preparing a study plan. I, Pratish, Bhagwant and Shrikant hired a room near ACE ACADEMY worth a rent of 10000 bucks a month, wasn't a bad deal at all cuz the landlord provided 5 beds, a geyser, a cooler(we didn't operate this!) and a refrigerator too! Atul joined a couple of weeks later.
For, the first week,we'd class for mere 2 hours a day, so we roamed a lot. We had been to Charminar, Lumbini park, Birla Temple and the Planetarium, NTR garden, Necklace road, TTD Balaji Temple. But, from the second week till now onwards, we had rigorous classes, around 7-8 hrs a day and even 12-14 hours at times (hushh...)!! It was fun to do RE ENGINEERING out here, revising all the concepts right from the basics and detailing a few to an appreciable depth. We've been under the guidance of DRDO scientists, NIT profs and giants from the industries for the sake of coaching, so spending 7-8 hrs a day wasn't a tedious task!
Thanks to Telangaanaa strikes which provided the necessary breaks in between, but it hampered the local life terribly (it is also troubling maharashtra now a days because the coal supply to vidarbha and marathwada is halted since 28 days!). All the shops, malls, hotels, buses, rikshaws, theatres closed, indeed a boring day to spend!!!! We'd been to several movies, 2 on an average per month, just to get refreshed a bit. BIG BAZAAR is a special place for me and Pratish, cuz none can provide the delicious BADAM MILK than the Bhiyya over there. The most important part of my life over here is MASALA DOSA, trust me, I ate more than HUNDREDs of these, and probably on 20th would be the last one from the MOTU BHIYYA from here! :(....He is the best DOSA maker I've ever met. I bet, you can't stop at a single dosa, must go for a second round, this too for mere 14 bucks, cool na!! :) Will be badly missing my favourite cuisine! Of course, VADA PAO hai na!!!! ;)
Yesterday, our gang visited the SALAARJANG museum, it was awesome, art at its best!! The collection of the king ranged from the Europe to the south Asia, brilliantly carved sculptures, elegantly designed ITALIAN furniture, Japanese porcelain are work were the best of his collections! The city has many such monuments like the Nizam's palace, the Golkonda fort, proving the Royal nature of the rulers!
Today, I'll be going for the shopping! wow! will be a fun for sure!! Will Miss you HYDERABAD! Due to lack of time, i could not organize this article properly, but i guess I've randomly put-forth all the memories with me, if missed, will be adding for sure. It's good to be RANDOM at times! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment